Translate Display and Manuals
Many items are made for the Chinese market only and have display or manuals in Chinese language only.
In this case it is easy to read the wording by using the Google image translation App, available for Android and IOS
However you will also find many items with bilingual manuals and displays. Mobile phones and computer have usually multilingual settings.
How to translate images
Using the Translate app, you can use your phone’s camera to translate text in the world around you, like signs or handwritten notes.
Translate using your camera
For some languages, you can translate text just by pointing your phone’s camera lens. Translations of small, badly lit, or stylized text might be less accurate.
- Open the Translate app .
- In the top-left corner, tap the language shown tap the language you’re translating.
- In the top-right corner, tap the language shown tap a language you read.
- Tap Instant translate . If it’s not there, tap Take photo .
- Point your camera at the text you want to translate.
- If you’ve downloaded the language and it’s available for instant translation, any text is translated on your screen.
- To turn on instant translation, tap Toggle instant translation . You might be asked to download the language.
- If instant translation isn’t available or you can’t download the language, tap Take photo . Then highlight the text you want to translate with your finger.
Notes: To pause the camera, in the bottom right corner of the screen, tap Pause . For some languages, like Arabic, the Pause icon might be different. To resume, tap Play .